One thing that we, those of us working in the real estate business, do is help people find a place to move to. But one of our staffers recently moved, a complete relocation to the Akron area. This afforded a unique opportunity, how to help someone find their way in a new city. There were many ideas given and here are some of them.
1. Go out and try local restaurants – This is a great way to see what your new area has to offer, food-wise. You’d be surprised to see what you can find by just driving around. In the Akron area you find most anything you could think of; Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Mexican, French, Italian, African, etc. Unless you go out and try to find these places, or search for them on an app like Urbanspoon, you wouldn’t know about them. And it gives you a great opportunity to meet new people, you never know who you’ll meet at that little Indian restaurant!
2. Visit the parks – If you live in an area that is filled with parks, this is a fantastic way to see your new surroundings. It’s also a way to find a spot where you can go and just get away from the stresses of daily life, to find that quiet place!
3. Find museums – Museums are an amazing place to learn more about your area. Don’t think so? Most cities have some kind of museum about its history, but not every area can support things like an art museum, or a fashion museum. What kinds of museums your area has depends on the atmosphere and kinds of people who visit it. The more diverse the museums, the more diverse the community.
4. Do research online – Read up on your new area. When are festivals? What are the popular spots to go to? Is there anything newsworthy happening?
5. Meet your neighbors – Go and introduce yourself!
6. See what sporting events are available – Any baseball, football, soccer, basketball teams? Go attend a game!
Do you have any suggestions? Let us know!